MPI-540 & MPI-535 are multifunction electric meter which helps in the safe installation of domestic and industrial appliances. In addition, the user has the possibility to register the parameters of electrical networks located at these facilities. This allows verification of the quality of electricity, and measurement of the parameters of protection against electric shock using a single universal device. Significant automation of measurements of the MPI-540 & MPI-535 meters makes it possible to test the functioning of residual current circuit breakers in the Auto mode, as well as in pre-programmed measuring sequences (so-called auto-tests), which can also be extended with own sequences.
With a multifunction electric meter, the automatic measurement of insulation resistance of 3-, 4- and 5-wire conductors is possible by using additional the AUTO ISO-1000C adapter.
Ease of reading
The device is equipped with a color TFT LCD touch screen with a resolution of 800×480 pixels and a diagonal of 7”, which allows for convenient operation and easy reading of parameters and plotted waveforms. This screen size enables displaying more information, available at any time of use. The interface is visible in all conditions – also thanks to the appropriate size of displayed symbols. Included stylus allows to work also with dielectric gloves.
Built-in help system
The device has built-in help screens with measurement diagrams. Thanks to this you can easily and quickly check and make sure how to connect to a given system depending on the type of performed measurement.
- short circuit loop impedance (also in circuits secured with RCDs)
- RCD parameters
- insulation resistance (50-1000 V)
- earth resistance (4 measurement methods + soil resistivity measurement)
- continuity of protective and equipotential bondings
- light intensity measurement
- phase sequence test
- motor rotation direction test
- MPI-540 can also; record 50/60 Hz power quality parameters in accordance to S class of EN 61000-4-30:
- voltage L1, L2, L3, – average values in the range up to 500 V, » L1, L2, L3 currents, – average values, current measurement in the range up to 3 kA (depending on the current probes used)
- frequency in the range of 40 Hz – 70 Hz
- active (P), reactive (Q) and apparent (S) power
- power factor (PF), cosφ, tanφ
- harmonics (up to 40th for voltage and current)
- total harmonic distortion (THD) for current and voltage
- recording of events for current and voltage
- energy flow – 4 quadrants
- MPI 540 PV take care of all nessecary measurements in a photovoltaic system